Whom do we counsel?
• Victims of right-wing motivated and racist attacks
• Relatives and friends of victims
• Witnesses of such attacks
Who are we?
• A civic initiative that was created with the objective of providing independent counselling
• A heterogeneous and interdisciplinary project combining different experiences and personal situation
• A professional counselling team comprising experts in social pedagogy
• Member of the umbrella association of counselling centres for victims of right-wing attacks
• First signatory of the umbrella association‘s „quality standards for counselling services“
What do we offer?
• Counselling and emotional support following an attack and in crisis situations
• Information about legal options (filing a police report, civil action, protection of victims)
• Accompanying victims to the police, authorities, officials, doctors and lawyers
• Preparation and follow-up as well as support for court cases
• Information on financial support options, for example legal aid and compensation payments, assistance in the application process where necessary
• Psychosocial counselling
• Arrangement of support from other counselling centres and, if necessary, provision of therapeutic programmes
• Public relations
• Practical support for improving the quality of life following an attack (for example, assistance in relocating)
What are the principles of counselling?
• We are unequivocally on the side of the victims
• The interests, wishes and needs of the victims are put first
• We provide counselling services throughout the country on an outreach basis
• We guarantee confidentiality and, if requested, anonymity
• The services are based on voluntary participation and are free of charge
• The matter does not have to be reported to the police